All about George

Hello, my name is George, I am 18 years old and have Down’s syndrome. When I was born I had a hole in my heart, and I had to have an operation at 6 weeks old. It was a success and from that time I have really loved my life.

A lot of different people have supported me, from the cardiologist all the way through to the genetics team. Other people that have helped include audiologists, podiatrists, orthopaedic surgeons, ENT (ear, nose and throat), ophthalmology, dentistry, speech therapy and occupational therapy. The paediatrics team have joined everything up and without them things would have been complicated.

What has worked well generally is that I have had someone who knows me, someone who has worked with me in a team and a person who has supported and helped me.

I do have some strengths. First off, I get on with most...

from Archives of Disease in Childhood current issue http://bit.ly/2GtkE8n

Comments

Popular posts from this blog